Mary Meeker is one of the most respected Internet trends analysts. The report she shared yesterday at the Web 2.0 Summit has some amazing data, key points:
- 81% of users of top global Internet properties are outside the USA
- In 3 years, China added more Internet users than exist in the USA
- 55% of Twitter traffic is from mobile devices, 33% of Facebook traffic
- “Mega-trend of 21st century = empowerment of people via connected mobile devices”
- 85% of world’s population covered by commercial wireless signals – compared to only 80% having access to electricity
Full report is here – if you’re at all interested in where the web is heading, read it!